Duties and Responsibilities: The Board of Health implements programs and enacts policies that protect public health and promote a healthy community in Kingston. The Board of Health serves as the local arm of both the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection.
|Board of Health Members:
|John C. Breen, Chairman
|David L. Kennedy, Vice Chairman
|William E. Watson
|William J. Kavol
| Joseph F. Casna, Jr.
|Joseph T. Murphy
Meets: the 1st and 3rd Monday every month or as otherwise posted. (See Meeting Calendar)
The Board of Health is involved in many areas, some of which include:
- Food establishment inspections and plan review
- Septic system soil evaluations, perc test witnessing, septic plan review, installation inspections.
- Health complaint investigations.
- Nuisance complaints.
- Weekly beach water quality testing.
- Tobacco Control Program enforcement.
- Supervises visiting nurses which conduct Health Clinics, Immunization Programs, Communicable Disease reporting & follow-up, blood pressure screening and free Flu Clinics.
- Administers the Septic Loan Program where financial help is available for homeowners needing to repair a failed septic system or connect to the Municipal Sewer System.
- A member of Region 5 Emergency Preparedness Division under the direction of the State Department of Public Health. Currently we are focusing our efforts on Pandemic Planning.
- Reference MGL Chapter 41